Friday, August 8, 2008

The Joys Of Home Ownership

We spent two evenings this week repairing the water line to our house. There had been a wet spot in the yard for a few weeks so I knew there was a leak. Wednesday the weather was unseasonably cool so I decided it was time to make the repair before it got worse on a one of our typically hot high summer days and forced my hand.


We dug a hole and found the problem but it turned out that I had the wrong size fitting delaying the completion of the job. Then it rained Thursday delaying the job further, filling the hole with water, and making the pile of dirt for filling the hole into a solid mass. But we got it fixed and the hole filled this evening. It was a chore that gave me and my daughter the chance to work together and that is always good.

No comments: